If a television show was created to tell about your life, what would the show be called and which famous actor or actress would play you? What genre would it be? (Examples: comedy, drama, thriller, romance, action-adventure, fantasy, superhero, soap opera, reality, game show, space adventure, Western, tragedy, etc.) Summarize the plot of an episode.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Step 1Summarize a recent main event from the text using 3-5 sentences.
Choose one of the following prompts to write about.
- Pick one character and explain why you would/would not like to have him/her as a friend. Use at least one quote that reveals the character’s qualities.
- Choose a character quote. Using the quote, infer what you think the character was thinking or feeling while saying the quote you chose. (Include the quote in your writing)
- Describe the main character and how he/she was feeling at a particular part of your story. Support your inference about his/her feelings with at least one quote from the story. Do you think he/she is justified in feeling this way? Why or why not?
- What quality of which character strikes you as a good characteristic to develop within yourself over the years? Why? How does the character demonstrate this quality? (Provide an example or quote from the book)
- Analyze and describe the setting at this point in the story. Does the setting set the mood in this part of the story? (Provide a quote from the book)
Monday, October 16, 2017
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
It’s that time of year for the 8th grade students to begin raising money for the eighth grade trip to San Francisco. This is the trip of a lifetime and is full of exciting things to do and many interesting things to see. However, this trip is very expensive and we ask that all 8th graders help pay for their cost by selling candy and participating in various other fundraisers throughout the year. The candy sale will begin Monday, October 10th and will conclude near the end of November.
Please sign on the line provided below to indicate that you are aware of the candy sale and that your student has permission to be involved. Students and their parents/legal guardian are responsible for all candy that is checked out to them and all the money that is collected in exchange for the candy. It is the responsibility of the undersigned to replace the full value of the candy and money that is unaccounted for when the candy sale is completed. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Es esa época del año para que los estudiantes de 8º grado comiencen a recaudar dinero para el viaje de 8vo grado a San Francisco. Este es el viaje de toda una vida y está lleno de cosas interesantes para hacer y muchas cosas interesantes para ver. Sin embargo, este viaje es muy caro y pedimos que todos los estudiantes de 8vo grado ayuden a pagar su costo vendiendo dulces y participando en varios otros recaudadores de fondos durante todo el año. La venta de dulces comenzará el lunes, 10 de octubre y concluirá cerca de finales de noviembre.
Firme por favor en la línea proporcionada abajo para indicar que usted es consciente de la venta de dulces y que su estudiante tiene permiso para estar implicado. Los estudiantes y sus padres / guardianes son responsables de todos los dulces que se les registra y todo el dinero que se recolecta a cambio de los dulces. Es responsabilidad del suscriptor reemplazar el valor total de los dulces y el dinero que no se cuenta cuando se completa la venta de dulces. Tu cooperación es apreciada.
8th Grade Teacher
Traver Elementary School